Thursday, May 17, 2012

Review Time! ~ Lying Season

Lying Season (Experiment in Terror #4)

By Karina Halle

My rating~  5 for 5!!!

Ama­teur ghost-hunter Perry Palomino has bat­tled ghosts, fought off skin­walk­ers and skirted the fine line between life and death. But can she sur­vive bunk­ing down in Seat­tle for a week with her partner (and man she secretly loves) Dex and his perfect girl­friend, Jennifer? And can she do so while being tor­mented by a mali­cious spirit from Dex’s increas­ingly shady past? With love and life in the bal­ance, Perry must dis­cover the truth among the lies or risk los­ing every­thing she's ever cared about.(via Goodreads)

 Lying Season has Perry on her way to Seattle to film for her show Experiment in Terror at an asylum. So where oh where does one stay while in Seattle? With Dex and his girlfriend Jenn of course! Oy, is that awkward as hell? I tried to stomach along with Perry that increasingly precarious arrangement.

“Yep,” I said, pulling the shoes out of the box. His brows went to the heavens. 
“Wow. Those are like…Jenn shoes.” 
“These are not hooker shoes,” I said defensively. 
“Well played,” he said.




Not only does Perry get to meet Jenn, but pretty much all of ShowNet's employees at the holiday party.

But I'm getting waaaay ahead of myself! We have a great addition to the cast in the form of Rebecca Sims, fellow Wine Babe. The moment she was introduced, I knew I was going to like her. She's blunt but very sincere. The type of character I'm hopeful can be a great friend to Perry.

But ah ah ah! That's not all! We meet the duo who are blatantly ripping off their show idea. Slime ball male host and a very snooty female lead. Unfortunate for Dex and Perry, they cross their paths again.

The thrills only get more terrifying as the series continues. At times I'm definitely thinking "oh my god, oh my god, oh my god! This can't be happening!" But it is and I admire Perry more and more for all the shit she has to go through. This installment is definitely more personal than the first three. We learn so much about these two.

“What are you saying?” I said softly. 
“I’m saying that you’re like my best friend,” he said. “You are my best friend, and I could never let pills take away what makes you, you. Your heart. And your beautiful soul.”

My e-books always have a ridiculous amount of highlights and this is no different. The moments between Dex and Perry always run a wide range of emotions but the tender moments are just amazing. How two characters can be so right for each other and not be together has me on pins and needles wondering will it happen? when? please, please, please?

The ending of this book was such a shocker! I'm still kind of reeling from it! I can't say a single thing! But know I was cursing like a sailor under my breath.


Want more? Check out:
Experiment in Terror
Experiment in Terror Facebook
MetalBlonde on Twitter


1 comment:

  1. Ha!! Im so glad that you jumped into these books...they're just great!! I was reeling after Lying Season as well and I had to wait a bit for ODW...ur lucky its out now! I was going nuts myself girlfriend! This one was my fav as well because we got to really get a better look at Dex and Perry and finally the dreaded meeting with that Slore Jenn...grrr!

    ReplyDelete

Question? Comments? Dirty Jokes?
Leave 'em here!
~Emmy @ Sinfully Delicious Book Reviews