So I skipped out on my post last week... Been distracted. Darn real life! Always getting in the way of my book life. Here's a wrap up.
- My FF post mentions who would be my ideal fictional man would be to serenade me after jumping out of a birthday cake. Please Dex, from the Experiment in Terror series, you can sing to me anytime. Now, thanks to my interview with Karina Halle, Mike Patton is clearly a great Dex. Yum...
- I listed my favorite books that I have read for the first half of 2012 in my dirty little secret post.
- I did a Terrible Girls Club review with my friend Samina. She had me read a YA which I don't normally do... Naughty girl! But it was fun. I reviewed the Masque of the Red Death that you can read here. She read The Loss of Sunlight which you can read here. Please check out Samina's blog @ Escapism From Reality for her great reviews!
- I had a chance to read the debut novel Blackbrooke by Emma Silver. It's YA horror and though I don't read YA often, I thoroughly enjoyed it! Here's my review.
- I read Inhale and Exhale by Kendall Grey. LOVED THEM BOTH! Exhale was even better than Inhale. If Kendall keeps this up, book 3 Just Breathe is going to be phenomenal! Of course it stars a tattooed/pierced musician who hotter than hell. My harem is now called the sexy scoundrel harem since none of them can really be called gentlemen. ;)
10 random things about me...
1~ Married, no kids.
2~ 31 years old.
3~ I'm 5'9".
4~ I got my first piercing at 15 and my first tattoo at 16. For the record, I'll get a tattoo any day over a piercing. :)
5~ I LOVE music. It's a must have for me. All the time. Even when I'm reading.
6~ I love chihuahuas.
7~ I'm a crafter. I design pin-up wallets and purses in my spare time.
8~ I love art. Frida Kahlo is my favorite artist.
9~ I like to do retro hair-do's. Bandannas, victory rolls...
10~ I read all the damn time. I have read 96 books so far this year! Craziness...
Q's from Jenese:
When did you start blogging?
Two months ago.
What made you decide to blog?
Free books and meeting great people.
What are your goals for blogging?
Finding great books and spreading the word. I read a lot of self published and indie published books and these authors need love! They don't get as much attention as authors with big publishing deals but are just as talented and imaginative.
What is best thing that's happened to you since you starting blogging?
Interviewing Karina Halle. She's a really cool chick and we share a passion for music.
What is your all-time favorite book?
Gah... So hard to answer. I'll say Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost. Bones... nuff said.
What is the one book/series that you would suggest to me?
Um... I'm going to say the Just Breathe series by Kendall Grey. Amazing science fiction/fantasy with a hot guy! ;)
Where do you receive your ARC's or do you only purchase your own?
Netgalley for the most part. I have received a couple direct from the authors.
Who is your all-time favorite author?
Where is your favorite place to read?
Home on my couch. :P
What is the greatest blogging advice that you have received so far?
Just to go for it! Thanks to Miss V from Miss Vain's Paranormal Fantasy, she has been very helpful to me and is a really kind person! I finally took the plunge and started. Regardless of anything that comes my way, I'm doing it the way I want. After all, I do this for the joy of reading and sharing my thoughts. It shouldn't be a chore and I shouldn't have to censor myself and my opinions.
To lighten it up, Magic Mike comes out Friday (yahh)...who would you cast in your movie? :-)
I answered this for DLS so I'm going to throw down my sexy scoundrel harem and say Bones, Barrons, Terrible ( LMAO thinking of Terrible doing this!), Dex and Gavin.
Q's from Ana:
If you could slap one character out of a book who would it be? (sorry for the violence.. but I mean... there are some of those characters that just aaahhh aggravate you!)
Oy... I would have to say Faythe from the Shifters series by Rachel Vincent. She pissed me off so much i couldn't continue the series.
If you could giveaway an entire series, what series would it be and why?
The Fever series by Karen Marie Moning. The whole series was epic.
What author would you like to spend a whole day with and why?
Ummm... Jeaniene Frost. She just seems like she would be hilarious to be around. Jamie Saare, she's uncensored and I love it. Karina Halle would be fun to go to some shows with. I'm sure shenanigans would ensue...
Make an estimate of how many books you've read throughout your entire life.
No clue. I can't even venture to guess.
What was the book that got you into reading?
Oh. I was reading Stephen King and RL Stein back in junior high. Then I took a hiatus. Recently it was JR Ward, Jeaniene Frost and Charlaine Harris that got me to expand into the UF and PNR genres.
Who is your favorite character and why?
Chess from the Downside Ghosts series. Favorite because she is fucked up, knows it, tries to better herself, messes up again... It's a vicious cycle and though her life is really rough, she is a strong person. It's human nature to make mistakes. But she is finally beginning to learn from them.
- OK... so my music choice this week should come as no surprise... It's Easy by Faith No More so now that you know who Mike Patton is, listen to his wonderful voice sing this Lionel Richie song!