Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Teaser Tuesday {#14}






This is a weekly meme hosted by Should Be Reading

  • Open your current read and choose a page at random. 
  • Share two sentences (or more) from anywhere on the page, being careful to avoid spoilers. 
  • Be sure to share the title and author.

This weeks teaser comes from The Siren by Tiffany Reisz


"I've got a crisp new Benjamin for the first person who can give me a good synonym for thrust, noun form.  Go."  she said, her voice both honeyed and sardonic. 
Although irritated by her cavalier attitude and her unfortunate attractiveness, Zach couldn't help but scroll though his substantial mental thesaurus. 
"Push, lunge, shove, attack, force, jab," he rattled off the words. 
"His slow, relentless jabs sent her reeling..." she said.  "Sounds like commentary on a boxing match.  Goddammit, why are there no good synonyms for thrust?  Bane of my existence.  Although..." She set her keyboard aside and turned to face him for the first time.  "I do love a man with a big vocabulary."

Hahaha!  I don't know how many times I've asked my hubby for a synonym for a certain word just while writing reviews.  I love this quote and it's the first time that Nora and Zach meet in person.

What's your tease???



8 comments:

  1. o.O I really want to read this *sigh* Great teaser ^_^ lol does your hubby ever come up with good synonyms?

    My TT

    Ana♥ @ Beach Bum Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah he does! He's pretty helpful at times when I'm reviewing. LOL. It's funny when it's erotica though. ;)

      Delete
  2. Great teaser ! I loved The Siren. I have The Angel ready to read soon. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have The Angel too! So hard not to start it right away but I need to write my review for this still.

      Delete
  3. haha great teaser! after seeing teasers of this, I really want to read it now!

    My Teaser

    Ning @ Reading by Kindle Fire

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL his is one of my face lines from the book too: I do love a man wig a big vocabulary. The way she said it sounds so dirty too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved everything about this book but yes! This was a great introduction for these 2!

      Delete

Question? Comments? Dirty Jokes?
Leave 'em here!
~Emmy @ Sinfully Delicious Book Reviews