Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Teaser Tuesday {#18}





This is a weekly meme hosted by Should Be Reading

  • Open your current read and choose a page at random. 
  • Share two sentences (or more) from anywhere on the page, being careful to avoid spoilers. 
  • Be sure to share the title and author.


This weeks tease come from On Dublin Street by Samantha Young.


My cell rang and I made an apologetic face as I pulled it out of my pocket. “Rhian, hey.” I turned and took a few steps away, not chancing that they might hear her on the other end of the line.  
“I have an emergency,” she replied in a monotone. “Abort the picnic.”  
“Oh, no, you’re kidding.” I played along, sounding all mothering and soothing. “Are you okay?”  
“Bloody hell, Joss, I thought you could lie?” Rhian grumbled. “You’re speaking like an alien who’s heard of the human concept of ‘being concerned’ but doesn't know how to execute it.”
Joss has a horrible past that has her trying to keep her personal attachments to a minimum.  Enter best friend Rhian to save the day!  I don't know if she's fooling anyone though. ;)  This was a fantastic book!

What's your tease???

2 comments:

  1. haha great teaser! this book sounds so fun! Thanks for sharing!

    My Teaser

    Ning @ Reading by Kindle Fire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. It's a heavy book but definitely has some funnier moments.

      Delete

Question? Comments? Dirty Jokes?
Leave 'em here!
~Emmy @ Sinfully Delicious Book Reviews